Saturday, February 07, 2009

SHOCK-YIT!!!

The other day Julia was just tooling around the house waiting for the school bus. She saw the cats meowing at the back door for their breakfast and came to me shouting: "MOM!!! MOM!!! Cat eat!!" I asked her if she wanted to feed the cats breakfast. She emphatically replied "YES!!" This is normally Olivia's job, and she had neglected to tell me that she had used the last of the cat food the previous day. I asked Julia what we should feed the cats and she promptly replied "SHOCK-YIT!!" (Chocolate!) We all laughed and told her that cats don't eat chocolate. She was a little confused about this...I mean, chocolate is her favorite thing ever! Why don't CATS eat chocolate?

Later that day I bought cat food and she fed the cats when she got home from school. The funniest thing is that now and then she will come up to us and say "Cat...shock-yit!) and then she just laughs at herself! She is the cutest little girl ever!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Hi Beth,
This is Tina..Kirsten's friend from Alabamer. I am so glad to find your blog..I came across it a long time ago. I hope you are doing well. I love Julia's Shock-Yit story. We got to hear many wonderful stories about your family from the King's. I miss them sooo much. I can see why Kirsten is your dearest friend..she is one precious women. Just wanted to say hi!
Tina